Rural Minds is a comprehensive program designed for people living and working in rural Australia by people living and working in rural Australia.
Anyone who is connected to the land or living in a rural area – through farming, rural work, a rural business or a ‘tree change’. Teachers, publicans, pharmacists – anyone with an interest in strengthening and giving back to their community!
This half-day workshop is a great opportunity to learn about mental health and well-being as it affects farming and agricultural communities. Rural Minds is just solid information workshop without the bull… dust.
This workshop will:
- Improve your awareness and understanding of mental health issues
- Make the connection between mental health and personal safety
- Give you the confidence, strategies and pathways supports to help you preserve your mental health and that of your family and friends
Topics covered will be:
- Risks to Mental health
- Anxiety and Depression
- Destructive Thinking
- Acute Stress and Posttraumatic Stress (PTSD)
- Alcohol, drugs and mental health
- Financial Stress and Succession
- Strategies to build and maintain mental health
- Mental health supports
Where: Bundaberg CANEGROWERS
When: Monday, 25 June 2018, 10am – 2pm
RSVP: firstname.lastname@example.org or 07 4151 2555