Category C – $25,000 Natural disaster recovery grantsThe Central Coast Queensland Severe Weather that occurred over the 16th to the 19th of October 2017 has activated Natural disaster recovery grants.
People in parts of the Bundaberg Regional Council can now access Exceptional Circumstances Grant up to a maximum of $25,000. See a map of the activated area HERE.
- Initial grant amounts to assist you with cleaning and reinstatement costs – up to a total of $5,000; and
- Subsequent grant amounts to assist you with additional cleaning and reinstatement costs – up to a total of $20,000
The assistance enables you to pay for costs associated with cleaning and reinstatement activities.
Examples of eligible activities:
- purchasing, hiring or leasing equipment or materials to; clean premises, property or equipment or to immediately resume farming activities
- removing and disposing of debris, damaged goods, materials including injured or dead livestock
- repairing or replacing fencing on the property
- purchasing fodder or salvaging crops or feed for stock
- repairing or reconditioning essential plant or equipment
- maintaining the health of livestock or poultry
- paying additional wages to an employee to assist with clean-up work
For information contact local QRIDA officer:
Mark Barrett – 0417 775 547
More information HERE