Grants to realise big ideas for agriculture from young rural innovators
Grant applications are now open for the 2019 Science and Innovation Awards for Young People in Agriculture, Fisheries and Forestry. If you’re 18-35, this is your chance to apply for a grant of up to $22,000 to fund your project on an innovative or emerging scientific issue that will benefit Australia’s primary industries.
The Hon. David Littleproud MP, Minister for Agriculture and Water Resources, launched the 2019 Awards.
The Science Awards encourage young scientists, researchers, innovators and others active in the agriculture sector who have an original project that will contribute to the ongoing success and sustainability of Australia’s agricultural, fisheries and forestry industries. The Science Awards have already helped more than 230 young Australians make their ideas a reality and showcase their talent to the world.
There are thirteen industry Science Award categories open for applications: cotton, dairy, eggs and poultry (layers), established, new and emerging rural industries, fisheries and aquaculture, forest and wood products, grains, health and biosecurity, meat and livestock, pork, red meat processing, viticulture and oenology, and wool. Each category includes a $22,000 grant, and is generously supported by the research and development corporations and industry organisations as our Science Award partners.
Winners of the industry category Science Awards are then invited to apply for the Minister for Agriculture and Water Resources’ Award, which provides additional funding for an extended research project.
Interested? Here are the next steps
- Go to GrantConnect and search for GO1592 for more information and the application form
- Read the information for applicants and questions and answers and check your eligibility
- understand what each Science Award partner is seeking by reading their profiles
- discover what projects were successful in the 2018 round of the Science Awards
- start your application today using the application form from the GrantConnect website
Applications close 5pm AEDT Friday 12 October 2018.
Need advice? Contact the Science Awards team at Science Awards or phone 02 6272 2260.
2019 Science Award partners
We thank our partners for their support and commitment to the 2019 Science Awards. Find out more about each organisation and their research priorities to help you in your application.
- AgriFutures Australia
- Australian Eggs
- Australian Meat Processor Corporation
- Australian Pork Limited
- Australian Wool Innovation
- Cotton Research and Development Corporation
- CSIRO Health and Biosecurity
- Dairy Australia
- Fisheries Research & Development Corporation
- Forest & Wood Products Australia
- Grains Research & Development Corporation
- Meat & Livestock Australia
- Wine Australia